Παρασκευή 7 Ιανουαρίου 2011

A little about us:
My name is xavier and was born 40 years ago in Greece. Although I am french, I also speak 2 other languages fluently, english and greek. (Ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch sprechen)
It's sad that the french have such a poor reputation in foreign languages. In Greece, all TV programs have subtitles. This helps to learn a foreign language.
Although I come from windsurfing, (I first started my front loops in 1992 and was local champ in 1993) I came addicted to kitesurfing in 2001. I was amazed how easy the sport really is and fascinated by the possibilities to ride either on water, land or snow. Compared to windsurfing, kiteboarding is a 3D sport. The kite can also lift you in the air, and this always in control. But don't learn alone the hard way, I got so scared the first time I had a kite in my hands, I had no idea what to do in case of a loss of control. Basically at the time there were no proper instructors. So after a year, I decided to join an instructor course and was certified in 2002. Today, my job consists to train instructors as well, to teach them standards and give them basics in teaching methods. Most important, I always tell the instructors that there are no bad students, only bad instructors: everybody can learn, but not everyone can teach. It takes years of experience and observation to fully understand the failure reason. It also takes a lot of devotion and patience. Failures do not always generate from a student's lack of knowledge; it can be due to bad equipment choice or setup, bad weather, a poor spot selection, an emotional problem, a lack of motivation or a physical problem. But in any case, if the instructor doesn't find the way to help his student improve, then it is his fault.
Usually people learn in 3 days. Some can learn in 1, and in some rare cases it can take a week. What we do at kite square is to propose some packages according to the skill you wish to achieve. You will pay the package and then have all the time you need to reach that goal. Don't get worried about the final price then! check out our site for more details in the kitesurf section http://www.kite-square.gr/kitesurfing/kitecourses


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου